Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Found Something Out

So a few days ago I was thinking about how people make their troll horns for Homestuck characters shiny. I looked different tutorials, and then thought "Why don't I try using clear nail polish." Well I went to the dollar store, and found some nail polish called "Super Dry" (dollar store stuff have weird names). I bought 1, and came home and painted my Karkat horns with the nail polish. Guess what! It makes it enough shiny, that it doesn't look like its been polished 50 million times, but gives it a nice gloss to it. It does take a few coats though. I did about 2 really thick layers, and then added extra to the places that needed it. It looks so much better then just painting them with the candy corn colors.


Here's the one before I painted it with nail polish

Here's what it looks like after it is painted with nail polish

The type of nail polish I used (see it's called "Super Dry")

No comments:

Post a Comment