Friday, September 6, 2013

First Cosplay

My 1st Cosplay Experience: I did Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle from CLAMP.
(This is what it looked like right after I finished making it.)

Problems: I had many problems with this outfit. I had never sewn an outfit together before, and decided to make a whole outfit for the 1st time. At first I had to hand sew everything, because at that point I didn't have a sewing machine. Once I got a sewing machine, I finished making the shirt with it. Once it was all done, I put the shirt one and what happened? It's so small for me. So I have to trash it. :( I then go to the thrift store, and find the right shirt, and just added to it. (That's what the top of the dress is made out of by the way). Next I added sleeves to the shirt, and then the skirt. More problems! I sewed the sleeves on sideways, so they don't sit right on my arms, and the skirt I sewed backwards that 1st and 2nd time. Then I had to add an underskirt. For that I just cut up a skirt that was it. I didn't sew a seem onto the underskirt or anything. Next can the socks. I needed to add belts to the sock, but didn't have much money left, and didn't know how. SO I decided to paint the sock with Oil Paint. That didn't work at all. I didn't dry that fast, and got all over the socks. UGH! So I had to buy new socks, and everything. Finally I finished making it.

Where Did I Wear It?: I wore it at Nan Desu Kan (NDK) 2012. I wore it Saturday, and by the end of that day it fell apart. Want to know why? Because I didn't know you had to back stitch when you sew. So I didn't do that for anything. 

Do I Still Have It?: Actually I do. But it is in a pill of used fabric that I just mess around with. I want to redo this outfit one day, when I am better at sewing. Hopefully the 2nd time I do it, it will turn out so much better. 

(This is what it should have looked like)

No comments:

Post a Comment